    Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.

    bye
    delo

    delo, Nov 21, 2005

  2. delo wrote:
    > Does anyone use/used such compiler for intel isis os?
    > I trying to use it on an emulated isis on pc but doesn't work...
    > Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.

    Is ISIS still around?!!! I last heard of it about 1990 or so ;-) I
    thought it went the way of CP/M and the PL/m compiler.

    Yes, I did use that compiler, I was teaching Pascal in those days, and
    the students with no access to the mainframe (with less power than my
    video card) used the ISIS machine in the lab.

    Don't expect me to provide any details and usage tips these days.

    --
    bill davidsen
    http://newsgroups.news.prodigy.com

    Bill Davidsen, Nov 21, 2005

  3. delo

    Dave Mabry Guest

    delo wrote:
    > Does anyone use/used such compiler for intel isis os?
    > I trying to use it on an emulated isis on pc but doesn't work...
    > Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.
    >
    > bye
    > delo

    Maybe I can help. What emulated ISIS are you talking about? Intel
    released one that ran in the MS-DOS environment.

    I don't know the pascal80 compiler specifically, but I have a manual
    somewhere. In general Intel's compilers often used the drive :f1: for
    temporary files. :f0: is the boot diskette drive, :f1: is the next in
    the chain, on up to :f9: potentially. In the DOS emulator for ISIS you
    needed to set environment variables before entering the emulator.

    set :f0:=c:\isis <-- for example
    set :f1:=c:\isis\temp <-- you might need this one for that compiler to
    know where to put temporary files

    What specific problems are you having?

    Dave

    Dave Mabry, Nov 21, 2005
  4. delo

    delo Guest

    The pascal80 was downloaded from intel site and is the
    PASCAL - 80 COMPILER V 2.1

    I made the sets, when try to run pascal thi message appear:
    ERROR - Invalid load address

    (i use a isis emulator for plm80 in '90 years and it works fine)
    now I use a winxp pro box, i must try on an old plan dos 6.x box...

    You have a manual of PASCAL 80?
    This type of compiler made a selfcontaind (rommable) executable?
    My interest is for rommming on a micro system a pascal program.

    TIA
    bye
    delo

    delo, Nov 23, 2005
  5. delo

    Scott Moore Guest

    delo wrote On 11/23/05 01:17,:
    > The pascal80 was downloaded from intel site and is the
    > PASCAL - 80 COMPILER V 2.1
    >
    > I made the sets, when try to run pascal thi message appear:
    > ERROR - Invalid load address
    >
    > (i use a isis emulator for plm80 in '90 years and it works fine)
    > now I use a winxp pro box, i must try on an old plan dos 6.x box...
    >
    > You have a manual of PASCAL 80?
    > This type of compiler made a selfcontaind (rommable) executable?
    > My interest is for rommming on a micro system a pascal program.
    >
    > TIA
    > bye
    > delo

    Why not just move your Pascal program to a modern compiler ? There are
    plenty to choose from, including free.

    Scott Moore, Nov 30, 2005