International Witnesses speak out from GazaFor Immediate

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by jmoool, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. jmoool

    jmoool Guest

    International Witnesses speak out from GazaFor Immediate

    Release Date : 12-27-2008

    (Besieged Gaza, Palestine - 27th December 2008) - Human Rights
    Defenders from Lebanon, the UK, Poland, Canada, Spain, Italy and
    Australia are present in Gaza and are witnessing and ********ing the
    current Israeli attacks on Gaza.

    Due to Israel's policy of denying access to international media, human
    rights defenders and aid agencies to the Occupied Gaza Strip, many of
    these Human Rights Defenders arrived in Gaza with the Free Gaza
    Movement's boats. FREE GAZA boats have broken Israel's siege of Gaza
    five times in the past four months.

    "At the time of the attacks I was on Omar Mukhtar street and witnessed
    a last rocket hit the street 150 meters away where crowds had already
    gathered to try to extract the dead bodies. Ambulances, trucks, cars -
    anything that can move is bringing injured to the hospitals. Hospitals
    have had to evacuate sick patients to make room for the injured. I
    have been told that there is not enough room in the morgues for the
    bodies and that there is a great lack of blood in the blood banks. I
    have just learned that among the civilians killed today was the mother
    of my good friends in Jabalya camp."

    - Eva Bartlett (Canada) International Solidarity Movement
    "Israeli missles tore through a children's playground and busy market
    in Diere Balah, we saw the aftermath - many were injured and some
    reportedly killed. Every Hospital in the Gaza strip is already
    overwhelmed with injured people and does not have the medicine or the
    capacity to treat them. Israel is committing crimes against humanity,
    it is violating international and human rights law, ignoring the
    United Nations and planning even bigger attacks. The world must act
    now and intensify the calls for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions
    against Israel; governments need to move beyond words of condemnation
    into an active and immediate restraint of Israel and a lifting of the
    siege of Gaza"

    - Ewa Jasiewicz (Polish and British) Free Gaza Movement
    "The morgue at the Shifa hospital has no more room for dead bodies, so
    bodies and body parts are strewn all over the hospital."

    - Dr. Haidar Eid, (Palestinian, South African) Professor of Social and
    Cultural Studies, Al Aqsa University Gaza
    "The bombs began to fall just as the children were on the streets
    walking back from school. I went out onto the stairs and a terrified 5
    year old girl ran sobbing into my arms."

    - Sharon Lock (Australian) International Solidarity Movement
    "This is incredibly sad. This massacre is not going to bring security
    for the State of Israel or allow it to be part of the Middle East. Now
    calls of revenge are everywhere."

    - Dr. Eyad Sarraj - President of the Gaza Community Mental Health
    Centre
    "As I speak they have just hit a building 200 metres away. There is
    smoke everywhere. This morning I went to the building close to where I
    live in Rafah that had been hit. Two bulldozers were immediately
    attempting to clear the rubble. They thought they had found all the
    bodies. As we arrived one more was found."

    - Jenny Linnel (British) International Solidarity Movement
    "The home I am staying in is across from the preventive security
    compound. All the glass of the house shattered. The home has been
    severely damaged. Due to the siege there is no glass or building
    materials to repair this damage. One little boy in our house fainted.
    An eight year little boy was trembling on the ground for an hour. In
    front of our house we found the bodies of two little girls under a
    car, completely burnt. They were coming home from school. This is more
    than just collective punishment. We are being treated like laboratory
    animals. I have lived through the Israeli bombardment of Beirut and
    the Israel's message is the same in Gaza as it was in Beirut- The
    killing of civilians. There was just another explosion outside!"

    jmoool, Jan 18, 2009