ip35 pro cant get bios screen

Discussion in 'Abit' started by bob, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. bob

    bob Guest

    OK here's the deal.
    brand new IP35 Pro board
    core2 quad at 2.4
    4 GB RAM
    9600GT Graphics card ( also tried an older pci gforce)
    when I start, the system the codes on the mainboard read:
    9.0. - which the book says is - "complete uGuru initial process
    AWARDBIOS take over booting job"
    the keyboard num lock seems to light on and off but there is nothing I
    can see on my screen!!!
    I can't get into something I can see. Ah..
    I don't have anymore working CRT's at this location. What I have is a
    Viewsonic VX2245wm (it has dvi and vga inputs)
    I have tried both dvi and the vga (with the adapter for the dvi out on
    the graphics card).
    Is there anyway past this 'nothingness' view on the screen.
    I have waited a few minutes and pressed 'F10' and enter. Hoping that
    would save whatever 'default' info the boot sequence found. and still
    nothing.
    I am getting ready for a hammer
    Any help??
    Thank you in advance.
    bob, Mar 27, 2008

  2. bob

    Folk Guest

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:03:24 -0700 (PDT), bob
    <> wrote:

    >OK here's the deal.
    >brand new IP35 Pro board
    >core2 quad at 2.4
    >4 GB RAM
    >9600GT Graphics card ( also tried an older pci gforce)
    >when I start, the system the codes on the mainboard read:
    >9.0. - which the book says is - "complete uGuru initial process
    >AWARDBIOS take over booting job"
    >the keyboard num lock seems to light on and off but there is nothing I
    >can see on my screen!!!
    >I can't get into something I can see. Ah..
    >I don't have anymore working CRT's at this location. What I have is a
    >Viewsonic VX2245wm (it has dvi and vga inputs)
    >I have tried both dvi and the vga (with the adapter for the dvi out on
    >the graphics card).
    >Is there anyway past this 'nothingness' view on the screen.
    >I have waited a few minutes and pressed 'F10' and enter. Hoping that
    >would save whatever 'default' info the boot sequence found. and still
    >nothing.
    >I am getting ready for a hammer
    >Any help??
    >Thank you in advance.

    Have you tried posting your question here:
    http://forum.uabit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
    Folk, Mar 28, 2008