iphoto removed files

Discussion in 'Apple' started by isecc, Jun 24, 2012.

  1. isecc

    isecc Guest

    Hi there,

    I've several photos impotered as reference in Aperture.
    Now I'd like to move all of them only to aperture, to do so I select the
    pictures and choose "Consolidate Originals" and the option "move".
    As a consequence the reference badge disappears.

    Further more, I had choosen the show in finder, and I see that
    they are no longer under the iphoto folder hierarchy.

    That's fine.

    The issue comes when I go back to iPhoto, since its database is not
    automatically updated.
    I see the thumbnails of the pictures that I moved and when I click on
    them I see a big esclamation mark.

    How to fix that?
    ie. Remove the thumbnails that refears to disappeared files?

    I've tried to startup iPhoto holding option and command and
    choosed the first option "Rebuild small thumbnails", but it doesn't fix
    the issue.

    Thanks in advance.
    isecc, Jun 24, 2012

  2. isecc

    isw Guest

    In article <1km6shl.h2sfkf374pkuN%>, (isecc)
    wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've several photos impotered as reference in Aperture.
    > Now I'd like to move all of them only to aperture, to do so I select the
    > pictures and choose "Consolidate Originals" and the option "move".
    > As a consequence the reference badge disappears.
    >
    > Further more, I had choosen the show in finder, and I see that
    > they are no longer under the iphoto folder hierarchy.
    >
    > That's fine.
    >
    > The issue comes when I go back to iPhoto, since its database is not
    > automatically updated.
    > I see the thumbnails of the pictures that I moved and when I click on
    > them I see a big esclamation mark.
    >
    > How to fix that?
    > ie. Remove the thumbnails that refears to disappeared files?

    Highlight the thumbnail(s) you want to get rid of, and do
    Cmd-Option-Delete. That will move them to iPhoto's trash. Then do
    Menu/iPhoto/Empty Trash.

    Isaac
    isw, Jun 25, 2012