    until its full? Or would it randomize on its own?

    These things look damn cool and I want to buy one but I am curious
    about the storage/shuffle capabilities.

    Houston CAPCOM, Sep 8, 2005

  2. In article <2005090720305316807%capcom@unixsite>,
    Houston CAPCOM <> wrote:

    > What happens if I have more songs in my iTunes library than the iPod
    > nano has room for? Can I create a shuffle playlist like I've read the
    > iPod shuffle does? Or would the nano just load songs alphabetically
    > until its full? Or would it randomize on its own?

    The iPod Nano does not randomize tracks; only the iPod Shuffle has that
    capability. However, iTunes can randomize tracks, and you can then
    download that randomized group of tracks to the iPod. However, once you
    do, the tracks will always play back in the order they were downloaded,
    so if you want a different order, you would have to re-randomize them on
    the computer and re-download them again.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Houston CAPCOM

    Kyle Jones Guest

    Michelle Steiner <> wrote:
    > Houston CAPCOM <> wrote:
    >
    > > What happens if I have more songs in my iTunes library than the iPod
    > > nano has room for? Can I create a shuffle playlist like I've read the
    > > iPod shuffle does? Or would the nano just load songs alphabetically
    > > until its full? Or would it randomize on its own?

    > The iPod Nano does not randomize tracks; only the iPod Shuffle has that
    > capability. However, iTunes can randomize tracks, and you can then
    > download that randomized group of tracks to the iPod. However, once you
    > do, the tracks will always play back in the order they were downloaded,
    > so if you want a different order, you would have to re-randomize them on
    > the computer and re-download them again.

    Does the Nano have equalization? Lack of it was the main thing
    that put me off getting a Shuffle to use for outdoor exercise.
    Without EQ, bass is nearly impossible to hear amid the rumble of
    the city.

    Kyle Jones, Sep 9, 2005
  4. In article <>, Kyle Jones
    <> wrote:

    > Does the Nano have equalization?

    Yes, it does. It's a full-featured iPod. Just very, very small.

    http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/features.html

    --
    Garner R. Miller
    Clifton Park, NY =USA=

    Garner Miller, Sep 9, 2005
  5. Houston CAPCOM

    D P Schreber Guest

    On 2005-09-09, Michelle Steiner <> wrote:
    > The iPod Nano does not randomize tracks; only the iPod Shuffle has that
    > capability.

    The Mini has a 'shuffle songs' mode that sure sounds like randomization
    to me. I haven't seen a nano yet, but I'd be surprised if it didn't
    have the same feature.

    D P Schreber, Sep 10, 2005
  6. In article <BF477C6F.27F5F%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > Again Michelle/Michael has provided useless information to the group
    > while shoving his/her political agenda down our throats.

    And of course you're never wrong, Georgette? For that matter, what have
    you ever contributed to this newsgroup other than bluster and flame?

    And only a right wingnut Bushbot like you would consider a .sig to be
    "shoving political agenda down our throats." I'm sure that hundreds of
    thousands of people who used to live in New Orleans appreciate Bush's
    total **** up in response to Katrina.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 10, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    (Kyle Jones) wrote:

    > Does the Nano have equalization? Lack of it was the main thing that
    > put me off getting a Shuffle to use for outdoor exercise. Without EQ,
    > bass is nearly impossible to hear amid the rumble of the city.

    I don't know. I find the Shuffle to be perfect for my outdoor
    exercising, but then again, I don't have much city rumble out here.

    I got a headset that goes in the ear, rather than just an ear bud; that
    might make a difference. Apple sells one for $39; that's what I got.

    -- Michelle

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 10, 2005
  8. In article <090920052317306252%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca>,
    Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote:

    > Speaking of sigs...
    >
    > Pink or grey, Michelle?

    Mauve.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 10, 2005
  9. In article <BF48596F.27FA4%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > >> Again Michelle/Michael has provided useless information to the group
    > >> while shoving his/her political agenda down our throats.

    > > And of course you're never wrong, Georgette? For that matter, what have
    > > you ever contributed to this newsgroup other than bluster and flame?
    > >

    > And you offering advice without checking the facts is a positive
    > contribution? Right!

    I ask again, "And of course you're never wrong, Georgette? For that
    matter, what have you ever contributed to this newsgroup other than
    bluster and flame?"

    > > And only a right wingnut Bushbot like you would consider a .sig to be
    > > "shoving political agenda down our throats." I'm sure that hundreds of
    > > thousands of people who used to live in New Orleans appreciate Bush's
    > > total **** up in response to Katrina.

    > Again, you are blabbering about something of which you don't know crap, just
    > political heresy based upon your "feminine" emotions and leftist "logic":
    > http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/Comment/ByronYork/090805.html

    Oh, gee, a correspondent for the National Review, which, just like Fox
    News and the Washington Times, is part of the Bush administration's PR
    effort.

    Maybe if you stopped thinking with your dick, and started using logic
    instead of regurgitating right-wing dogma, you would be able to do
    and/or say things that are useful and helpful.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 11, 2005
  10. In article <100920050028262673%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca>,
    Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote:

    > > Mauve.

    > Didn't read it, didja?

    Yeah, I read it. Mauve is a mixture of red and grey, and that's what I
    am. (Well, actually, Mauve is a shade of purple and grey, but I don't
    know a name for shades of red and grey, so I took some poetic license,
    so to speak.)

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 11, 2005
  11. In article <BF4A4074.281C7%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > > Maybe if you stopped thinking with your dick, and started using
    > > logic instead of regurgitating right-wing dogma, you would be able
    > > to do and/or say things that are useful and helpful.

    > Well, I'm not about ready to remove my genitalia so I can be like,
    > and think like, you. No thanks.

    No, Georgina, you don't have to remove your dick to stop thinking with
    it; all you have to do is start using the big head that sits on your
    neck.

    > Sorry "Michelle", you can't have my dick either,

    Don't flatter yourself; I don't want or need it.

    > although you seem to be obsessing about me.

    On the contrary, you're the one obsessing over me. You went out of your
    way to be insulting--but then again, that is a common characteristic of
    right wingers.

    > Now back to issues concerning all things Mac. Maybe you will think
    > twice before blurting your opinion without any factual support. Good
    > day.

    Considering that my batting average of good vs. bad information is about
    ..900, and your contribution of good information is about .010, you're
    the last person to be criticizing.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 12, 2005
  12. Houston CAPCOM

    Guest

    Apple does make incredible innovative products, but I think they really
    should slow down...I-Pod, i-pod mini, ipod shuffle now the nano!
    Oversaturation sometimes can really end up as a failure.
    I have a blue ipod mini and thats more enough for me ...gotta try to
    fill it up now.

    , Sep 15, 2005