    Do Athlon 64 CPUs with the labels 3000+ or 3200+ or 3500+ ALWAYS have a Venice core
    (= a core with low (67 Watt) power consumption) ?

    Michael

    Michael Hertz, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Michael Hertz

    Paul Guest

    Re: Is Athlon 64 socket AM2 = Socket 939 ? Is Athlon 64 3000+, 3200+,3500+ Always = Venice core ?

    Michael Hertz wrote:
    > I am a bit confused about the AMD naming:
    >
    > Is the socket AM2 (for Athlon 64 CPUs) the same as Socket 939 ?
    >
    > If not: What are the differences / which is better resp. more future compatible ?
    >
    > Do Athlon 64 CPUs with the labels 3000+ or 3200+ or 3500+ ALWAYS have a Venice core
    > (= a core with low (67 Watt) power consumption) ?
    >
    > Michael

    Peter Meister, Jason Stacy, Michael Hertz, would you stop with the
    crossposting/followup crap ? Try posting in just one, appropriate
    newsgroup, and I'm sure you'll get just the answer you need. Instead
    of causing a lot of people to repeat the same answers over and over
    again. Your "followup" style is a dead giveaway - you can nymshift
    all you want.

    AM2 uses DDR2 RAM. S939 uses DDR RAM. That is the difference.
    You can use www.amdcompare.com to look up the power used by
    each processor and make up your own mind what to buy. AM2
    is the current AMD socket, the others are older.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 8, 2007