Is GuidePlus Dead?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by sdculp, Mar 7, 2008.

1. sdculp

sdculp

I have an Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 video board which includes TV and Guide Plus. For a couple of years I have received GuidePlus weekly with no problems. Occasionally GP would be unresponsive, saying that it could not connect to the server, but I always attributed that to a busy server, and in a day or two everything was fine. However, for the past month and a half I have been receiving the message stating that it could not connect to the server and to check my internet connection and try again. This is the same message that I have become used to, but this time it seems permanent.

I have no problems with automatic updates, requested updates or downloading on my computer. With Evga and Nvidia I have been through the entire gamut of McAfee, firewall and driver updates to no avail. Finally I reloaded the original installation disks and still no change. I am pretty much convinced that it is a GuidePlus problem but am unable to address anyone who can speak directly about it.

Is GuidePlus dead? Has anyone had similar problems? Any solutions?

Thank you

Stuart Culp

sdculp, Mar 7, 2008
Ask a Question