    Thanks for your response,

    Best regards,

    Fred from France.

    fred, Sep 3, 2006

  2. fred

    Guest

    fred wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I bought a DELL INSPIRON 8200 on 02/2003. Since few months the screen in
    > less bright and rather reddish. Since few days I had to low the brightness
    > unless the light turn off (not the LCD). So it is very difficult to see that
    > thare are on the screen. From the beginning I was not pleased with this
    > screen: it has never been really white, there are a lot of pixels off, but
    > there are so small (the resolution is 1400 x 1050) that it was no really
    > inconvenient.
    >
    > What do you think of this, are there a solution?
    >
    > Thanks for your response,
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Fred from France.

    You can replace the screen, as per the service manual.

    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8200/fr/index.htm#printed_documentation

    , Sep 4, 2006

  3. fred

    fred Guest

    fred, Sep 7, 2006
  4. fred

    fred Guest

    I change the cold cathode fluorescent lampe for 20 USD (on Ebay.com).

    Now the screen is totally normal !

    It was quite hot but not too difficult !

    Fred.

    fred, Oct 1, 2006