    Is the Radeon 7500c, used on the Sony Vaio 2.4GHz notebook comparable?

    Thanks,
    -Eric
    Eric Bloom, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Eric Bloom

    Sparrow Guest

    The radeon 7500c is a lower clocked version of Ati's desktop radeon 7500.
    The Desktop version of the radeon 8500 had similar performance to the GF3.

    Sparrow, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Eric Bloom

    Adam Guest

    ATI Radeon 7500 is a much slower card plus it only supports direct
    7.0. There was no mobile version of the GeeForce 3. ATI 7500 is a very
    good card for presentations, dvd playback, office or internet. I use
    this card and it fulfills my needs very well. It also features
    dual-vision support- being able to work on two monitorrs at the same
    time. However, it is not an ideal graphics chipset for playing games.
    I don't play games- not on the computer at least, so I don't know how
    it would work with Prince of Persia.
    Adam Szmacinski

    Adam, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Eric Bloom

    Mark Bell Guest

    It basically comes down to DX8 support required. If PoP requires DX8 hardware,
    then you are out of luck.

    On the other hand, if it works with DX7 hardware, then you can probably run it,
    but you will need to decrease the details and resolution to get playable
    framerates, since the Radeon 7500 is rather old and slow for modern games, but
    it can still scrounge up a 4k+ score in 3DMark2k1SE.

    Mrk

    (Eric Bloom) spewed forth in such a glorious tone the following
    gruel:

    >Hi:
    >
    >Sys. req's for the game: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, require a
    >video chip comparable to a GeForce 3 or greater.
    >
    >Is the Radeon 7500c, used on the Sony Vaio 2.4GHz notebook comparable?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-Eric

    P4-3.06ghz @ 3335mhz (FSB=144, Stock 1.55v 44c Max Load)
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @ 343.5/343.5
    SONY GDM-F520 21" Trinitron Monitor
    Gigabyte 8PE667 i845PE Motherboard
    Corsair PC3500 (DDR433) @ DDR375 2-2-2-6-1T
    Maxtor Ultra/133 8mb cache Gold Series 120GB HD
    Creative SB Audigy Platinum
    16771 in 3DMark 2001SE 330
    5715 in 3DMark 2003
    Mark Bell, Oct 23, 2003