    Is the Intel Chipset Driver on that page correct for IS7 or ??

    I'm a bit confused :)

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jun 30, 2007

  2. Jeff

    c Guest

    Jeff wrote:
    > Hey
    >
    > This is a link to the download of drivers for IS7 at Abit homepage. I've the
    > Intel Chipset Driver from this page. The readme file which came with this
    > driver says this:
    > Target Chipset#: Q33/G33/G31/P35
    >
    > http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/no/mot...L_NAME=IS7&fMTYPE=Socket 478&pPRODINFO=Driver
    >
    > I thought IS7 had the chipset 865PE
    >
    > Is the Intel Chipset Driver on that page correct for IS7 or ??
    >
    > I'm a bit confused :)
    >
    > Jeff

    Not sure if that is the right one or not, but Intel has a chipset ID
    utility available on their website.

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/con...D=&DwnldId=11691&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

    or short link:

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/29haem

    Also, they have a newer version of that driver. Most motherboard
    companies don't have the latest drivers on their site.

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1049&lang=eng

    Chris

    c, Jun 30, 2007

  3. Jeff

    Guest

    There are two drivers from Intel that you should have for your IS7.

    The first is the "chipset driver". This gets updated all the time by
    intel, as it contains drivers for every chipset they have made. If you've
    applied it once then you're ok and don't necessarily need to run it again
    when intel releases a new version. here's the link:

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

    The second is the RAID driver, which you still need for the SATA ports
    even if you don't set them up to do RAID. Look on this page:

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

    The 3.5.3 version is right for your IS7; the newer one doesn't really
    work better, it's just bigger and handles the newer north bridges too.
    3.5.3 works fine w/ ICH5R, and in fact matches the Intel ROM code present
    on your MoBo. [note: you should be running your ICH5R in "Enhanced Mode";
    check your bios settings. This is the "best" mode to drive that chip in,
    it gives you the fastest throughput on the SATA channels, using their
    built-in channel rather than the PCI bus channel.]

    Also, look in the companion README.TXT file for how to create the the "F6
    Setup Floppy" disk - there is no util for this version, the (simple)
    directions are in the readme.

    , Jul 2, 2007