    Can anyone enlighten me on this issue?

    Thanks once more, I know I've been a pain!

    Gerry
    Gerry Wolf, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Gerry Wolf

    Kylesb Guest

    The missing pin is for a "polarizer" insert (a plastic insert stuck in
    to the female connector). Your floppy cable may be missing the
    polarizer insert, but check out your floppy, there is a pin missing
    there. As to the mobo end of the floppy cable, there is typically a
    slot in the side of the header connector and a "rib" on the side of
    the connector to force the appropriate orientation of the cable. You
    may also see the slot in the floppy connector also.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Sep 18, 2004