Is7 And Sata

Discussion in 'Abit' started by endymion81, Sep 16, 2006.

  1. endymion81

    endymion81

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Hallo i have a is7 mobo from 2 years, and i've never had problems.

    2 days ago i bought a Maxtor sata 2 160 Gb. Trying to install the drive, i've seen that the mobo don't recognize the drive.

    I've tried: - Bios settings (all the sata settings)
    - F6 on startup of wp cd (sata drivers)
    - Jumpers for putting the drive on sata1 mode
    - others cables

    I can only try another pc now or a sata pci controller, but i feel it will work...

    Some one can help me???

    Is possible that SATA on is7 mobo works only in raid?

    Thanks to every body

    Endymion

    endymion81, Sep 16, 2006

  2. endymion81

    endymion81

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2006
    Messages:

    On an asup p4c works perfectly......

    endymion81, Sep 18, 2006

  3. endymion81

    endymion81

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    I have no words

    Doing a clear cmos, the mobo recognize the hard disk...very well!!1:)

    BUT:eek:

    If i overclok my cpu ( i always did ) the mobo doesn't recogniza the sata disk:eek:

    I have no words...there is no link between the 2 things:(

    Some can help me???

    endymion81, Sep 18, 2006