    be compatible?

    Thanks,
    Carl

    Iced Tea, Apr 30, 2008

  2. Iced Tea

    abit.user Guest

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:48:17 -0500 'Iced Tea'
    wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

    >Can the IS7-G motherboard support SATA 3.0Gb hard drives? I need to replace
    >my C drive which is a SATA 1.5Gb and I find very few that aren't pricey.
    >There are alot of SATA 3.0Gb ones available but I am not sure if they would
    >be compatible?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Carl

    Yes and No...
    The IS7 range will run SATA II drives but at SATA I level.
    No problems with compatibility.

    I have a SATA II HDD installed on my IS7 mobo and it works
    fine, but as a SATA I.

    abit.user, Apr 30, 2008

  3. Iced Tea

    Eeyore Guest

    Iced Tea wrote:

    > Can the IS7-G motherboard support SATA 3.0Gb hard drives? I need to replace
    > my C drive which is a SATA 1.5Gb and I find very few that aren't pricey.
    > There are alot of SATA 3.0Gb ones available but I am not sure if they would
    > be compatible?

    I never knew that SATA drives existed that were that small.

    Graham

    Eeyore, Apr 30, 2008