    speed in bios - for example set rpm on 60% of max)

    So I'm wondering what connectors on the mobo is it I can connect these fans
    to so I can control the speed ?

    Jeff, Nov 22, 2007

  2. Jeff

    abituser Guest

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:56:55 +0100 'Jeff'
    wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

    >Hey
    >
    >I've got a computer based on a chieftec dragon case and IS7 mobo.
    >
    >I've bought 4 Zalman ZM-F1 80mm case fans which I want to connect to the
    >mobo, so I can use software to control their speed. (maybe I can control the
    >speed in bios - for example set rpm on 60% of max)
    >
    >So I'm wondering what connectors on the mobo is it I can connect these fans
    >to so I can control the speed ?

    Specifically which IS7 version is it?

    Mine is an IS7-E2 and has three headers for fan control
    (system/cpu/aux).

    I use SpeedFan (free) to control them all and it's magic.
    Much of the time my cpu fan is only running at 20% but I do have
    a v/good HSF assembly.

    abituser, Nov 22, 2007

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    it is the standard IS7 version

    Jeff, Nov 22, 2007
  4. Jeff

    abituser Guest

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 00:03:11 +0100 'Jeff'
    wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

    >"abituser" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:56:55 +0100 'Jeff'
    >> wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:
    >>
    >>>Hey
    >>>
    >>>I've got a computer based on a chieftec dragon case and IS7 mobo.
    >>>
    >>>I've bought 4 Zalman ZM-F1 80mm case fans which I want to connect to the
    >>>mobo, so I can use software to control their speed. (maybe I can control
    >>>the
    >>>speed in bios - for example set rpm on 60% of max)
    >>>
    >>>So I'm wondering what connectors on the mobo is it I can connect these
    >>>fans
    >>>to so I can control the speed ?

    >> Specifically which IS7 version is it?
    >>
    >> Mine is an IS7-E2 and has three headers for fan control
    >> (system/cpu/aux).
    >>
    >> I use SpeedFan (free) to control them all and it's magic.
    >> Much of the time my cpu fan is only running at 20% but I do have
    >> a v/good HSF assembly.

    >it is the standard IS7 version

    OK, here's a list of the IS7 models:

    IS7
    IS7-G
    IS7-E
    IS7-E2
    IS7-E2G
    IS7-E2V
    IS7-M
    IS7-V2

    If yours is the IS7, then it has 5 fan headers:

    -sysfan
    -nbfan1
    -auxfan1
    -auxfan2
    -cpufan

    Each header can control 1 fan but bear in mind that some are
    required for the purpose intended (eg cpufan/nbfan). The others
    are available for personal add-on fans.

    Like I said earlier, I strongly advise the use of SpeedFan
    to control the fans - much better than Abit s/w crap IMO.
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php current ver is 4.33
    and the guy who develops it knows where he's at.

    HTH

    abituser, Nov 23, 2007
  5. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    thank you so much for your help. I've already got SpeedFan installed on my
    computer. But haven't used it so much before. I installed it to check the
    temperature inside my case. but after installing fans then I'll be using it
    a lot more I think.

    I've got the basic IS7 version.

    Jeff, Nov 23, 2007
  6. Jeff

    abituser Guest

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:54:32 +0100 'Jeff'
    wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

    >thank you so much for your help. I've already got SpeedFan installed on my
    >computer. But haven't used it so much before. I installed it to check the
    >temperature inside my case. but after installing fans then I'll be using it
    >a lot more I think.

    ok - Speedfan settings can be a little tricky to work out; so if you
    need any guidance on that I could post my own which might give some
    insight.

    >I've got the basic IS7 version.

    There's a .pdf User Manual for the IS7 mobo here:
    >http://www.uabit.com/downloads/downloads.php?file=/downloads/manual/english/is7_series.zip

    (about 3MB)

    abituser, Nov 23, 2007
  7. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Thanks

    In SpeedFan main window report the speed from 3 fans:
    Fan1: 2813 RPM
    Fan2: 0 RPM
    Fan3: 3013 RPM

    The case got 1 CPU fan in addition to those 2 case fans I installed
    yesterday... I wonder which of them is fan1, fan2, fan3. any ideas about how
    to find that out?

    on my IS7 the standard chipset fan is broken. I removed it for about 6
    months ago and used a passive cooling instead. So this means that nbfan1
    isn't in use right now, I wonder if I can use nbfan1 for an additional case
    fan?

    Best Regards

    Jeff, Nov 24, 2007