    the rest of XP installs but I end up with a blue screen and an error(forgot
    what it said, it was half a page long) and it reboots continuously.

    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Lance, Feb 19, 2005

  2. "Lance" <> wrote in message...
    >I just added 2 new SATA drives on my IS7. Enabled SATA mode and setup the
    >drives in RAID 0.

    You set the SATA controller in the BIOS to RAID mode, and enabled the SATA
    RAID ROM?
    (make sure it's not set on Auto here).

    > When I installed WinXP, I pressed F6 to install the drivers and did
    > so when prompted.
    > Then after I selected the partition to install WinXP, it says it's going
    > to start copying files, right away I get an error copying iaStor.sys.

    Silly question, but you did still have the driver floppy disk in your drive,
    right?

    If you did, it implies that either the driver floppy is defective, or (less
    likely) your floppy disk drive isn't reading properly.

    > After skipping those files, the rest of XP installs but I end up with a
    > blue screen and an error
    > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

    Yeah, the Intel SATA RAID driver isn't installing properly, which explains
    why the system bluescreens the moment it tries to start using the driver.

    You can download the driver floppy creation utility from either Abit or
    Intel. Make a new disk with it, and see if that solves the problem. If that
    doesn't work, you need to try another floppy disk drive.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Lance

    - HAL9000 Guest

    I used to have a floppy drive that would, for the most part, only read
    files properly on a floppy that it had formatted.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    < snip >

    - HAL9000, Feb 19, 2005
  4. Lance

    Dave Guest

    Ah, yes, the old head alignment problems! Love 'em don't ya! Luckily
    floppies aren't used much any more. Those were the days (that I don't
    miss)...

    Dave

    Dave, Feb 20, 2005