ITB HD Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by SPNYC, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. SPNYC

    SPNYC

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    I have a Gateway 820 GM with a WD 250GB hard drive.
    I purchased a WD 1TB hard drive and once installed, the computer only recognizes 500GB. I have a feeling the bios is the problem. The current bios is SE91510J.15A.1291.2004.0813.1804. Gateway has an update - SE91510J.15A.2609. I don’t want to update the bios unless this will solve my problem. Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance!