    Thanks in advance for any advice. I've never done anything like this before!

    Cheers

    Rob

    RobP, Feb 21, 2006

  2. RobP

    Ben Myers Guest

    One of the long-standing drawbacks of PB systems is the lack of or the
    difficulty of finding technical info about the computers. I could only find a
    photo of the chassis on a retail web site. It looks like a microATX or
    mid-sized ATX tower.

    If the system is a Pentium 4 or a later Athlon, you need an ATX-12v power supply
    with an ATX connector and an additional 12v connector required by the newer
    CPUs.

    A standard ATX-12v power supply measures approx 5 3/4" x 3 1/4" at the back.
    The depth is about 5 1/2". A variation of this form factor, often found in
    cheesy HP Pavilion systems is only around 4" deep to fit in a cramped chassis.

    If the power supply dimensions at the back are anything less, you need to match
    up the dimensions EXACTLY. That is the bad news. The good news is that
    companies like HiPro, Astec, Sparkle, and Bestec make all sorts of power
    supplies... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 21, 2006