    For details about this update see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5242

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, Apr 13, 2012

  2. In article <-september.org>,
    Michelle Steiner <> wrote:

    > This Java security update removes the most common variants of the Flashback
    > malware.
    >
    > This update also configures the Java web plug-in to disable the automatic
    > execution of Java applets. Users may re-enable automatic execution of Java
    > applets using the Java Preferences application. If the Java web plug-in
    > detects that no applets have been run for an extended period of time it
    > will again disable Java applets.
    >
    > This update is recommended for all Mac users with Java installed.
    >
    > For details about this update see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5242

    Users running 10.5 can do some of this from the Java Preferences.

    Unless Apple comes up with a 10.4 Java security update, 10.4 and earlier
    users will have to just disable Java from Safari's preferences and be
    satisfied with that.

    But we all know this. Ant may have some 10.4 users, but that's his
    problem, not Apple's. That's why they're paying him--to fix these
    problems for them.

    Michael Vilain, Apr 13, 2012