    dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
    before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
    really runs the next gen games.

    john dobbs, Sep 18, 2003

  2. john dobbs

    DaveL Guest

    Sure you say that now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Where were before the
    HL2 benchies came out?

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 19, 2003

  3. john dobbs

    Trapper Guest

    Sitting on my wallet like you should have been

    Trapper, Sep 19, 2003
  4. "john dobbs" <> wrote in message
    > The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
    > today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
    > card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
    > first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
    > dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
    > before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
    > really runs the next gen games.

    I have a Ti4200 and I'll bet it plays HL2 just fine. When either the FX6000
    or 9900 Pro drop below $150US, I'll consider buying one of them.

    TMC

    Too_Much_Coffee ®, Sep 19, 2003
  5. john dobbs

    k y l e Guest

    :))

    k y l e, Sep 19, 2003
  6. john dobbs

    tq96 Guest

    > The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
    > today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
    > card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the

    That's true. However, the guys upgrading from a GF2 or GF3 are in a
    different boat. I held onto a TNT2 Ultra before upgrading to a GF4 last
    year. There's no way I would have wanted to wait any longer. :)

    tq96, Sep 19, 2003
  7. "Trapper" <> wrote in message

    > Sitting on my wallet like you should have been

    And reading the reviews.

    Derek Wildstar, Sep 19, 2003