    unresponsive and doesn't provide the level of user control that the old
    non-Catalyst MMC did. Can anyone recommend any third-party vidcap
    software that works well with this card?

    Tom Rapner, Jan 5, 2009

  2. Tom Rapner

    RobV Guest

    Tom Rapner wrote:
    > And I have to say, I deplore the Calayst Media Center. It's bloated,
    > unresponsive and doesn't provide the level of user control that the
    > old non-Catalyst MMC did. Can anyone recommend any third-party vidcap
    > software that works well with this card?

    Have read good reviews on this and it has a 15 day trial period so you
    can try before you buy.
    http://www.snapstream.com/products/beyondtv/
    trial software download:
    http://www.snapstream.com/Download/beyondtv/default.asp

    -----------------
    -----------------

    RobV, Jan 5, 2009

  3. Thanks, but have you actually *used* it with the AIW HD? I'm hoping
    someone will respond who's actually done so, to save me a little time.
    Otherwise, I'll test a few apps myself, and report back.

    Ardge E. Bargy, Jan 6, 2009
  4. Tom Rapner

    RobV Guest

    Ardge E. Bargy wrote:
    > Thanks, but have you actually *used* it with the AIW HD? I'm hoping
    > someone will respond who's actually done so, to save me a little time.
    > Otherwise, I'll test a few apps myself, and report back.

    No, I have not used the app, but I have read reviews of many PC tuner
    cards (I was looking for one to buy) and found that anyone who didn't
    have XP Media Center, or Vista, hated the supplied application (no
    matter the manufacturer and the new AIW was included) and many used and
    liked BeyondTV. There were other programs mentioned, but I don't recall
    what they were.

    It would be nice to hear from someone with first hand experience with
    your card, I agree. Just thought since it has a 15 day trial, it was
    worth mentioning.

    [snip]

    -----------------
    -----------------

    RobV, Jan 6, 2009
  5. Tom Rapner

    spamme0 Guest

    Tom Rapner wrote:
    > And I have to say, I deplore the Calayst Media Center. It's bloated,
    > unresponsive and doesn't provide the level of user control that the old
    > non-Catalyst MMC did. Can anyone recommend any third-party vidcap
    > software that works well with this card?

    I've got the same problem.
    WatchHDTV has limited recording capability in XP. Have not been able
    to make it work in Vista.
    Windows MCE sorta works in Vista, but takes 100% of my 2.4GHZ cpu.
    IF you find anything useful, please report back here.
    mike

    spamme0, Jan 8, 2009