    Vostro 1500 laptop

    Can I just pop off the keys? The right-arrow isn't working right, maybe a
    problem with some Doritos.

    Tom, Oct 12, 2011

  2. Tom

    Steve W. Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Vostro 1500 laptop
    >
    > Can I just pop off the keys? The right-arrow isn't working right, maybe a
    > problem with some Doritos.

    Sure, just don't expect them to "pop" back on.
    Easier solution would be a can of air and a small brush.

    I was talking to a local retailer last week about the display units they
    had. Seems folks liked coming in and popping the keys off.
    The problem is that the only way to repair many of the new ones is a new
    keyboard. BUT the makers wouldn't allow them to send them back and the
    store ate the cost of all of them. For about a month they wouldn't put
    machines on display. Now they have them out on display BUT they are
    locked behind plexiglass shields so you cannot move the display or hit
    the keys!!

    --
    Steve W.

    Steve W., Oct 12, 2011

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On 10/12/2011 3:20 PM, Steve W. wrote:
    > Tom wrote:
    >> Vostro 1500 laptop
    >>
    >> Can I just pop off the keys? The right-arrow isn't working right, maybe a
    >> problem with some Doritos.
    >>

    > Sure, just don't expect them to "pop" back on.
    > Easier solution would be a can of air and a small brush.
    >

    > I was talking to a local retailer last week about the display units they had.
    > Seems folks liked coming in and popping the keys off.
    > The problem is that the only way to repair many of the new ones is a new
    > keyboard. BUT the makers wouldn't allow them to send them back and the store
    > ate the cost of all of them. For about a month they wouldn't put machines on
    > display. Now they have them out on display BUT they are locked behind
    > plexiglass shields so you cannot move the display or hit the keys!!

    okay, thanks. In the past, one key had come off accidentally and it did just
    snap back on. But I guess it's not worth the risk to do it deliberately.

    Tom, Oct 12, 2011
  4. Tom

    Steve W. Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > On 10/12/2011 3:20 PM, Steve W. wrote:
    >> Tom wrote:
    >>> Vostro 1500 laptop
    >>>
    >>> Can I just pop off the keys? The right-arrow isn't working right, maybe a
    >>> problem with some Doritos.
    >>>

    >> Sure, just don't expect them to "pop" back on.
    >> Easier solution would be a can of air and a small brush.
    >>

    >> I was talking to a local retailer last week about the display units they had.
    >> Seems folks liked coming in and popping the keys off.
    >> The problem is that the only way to repair many of the new ones is a new
    >> keyboard. BUT the makers wouldn't allow them to send them back and the store
    >> ate the cost of all of them. For about a month they wouldn't put machines on
    >> display. Now they have them out on display BUT they are locked behind
    >> plexiglass shields so you cannot move the display or hit the keys!!
    >>

    > okay, thanks. In the past, one key had come off accidentally and it did just
    > snap back on. But I guess it's not worth the risk to do it deliberately.

    You might get lucky. But blasting the crud out is faster and easier. And
    much less likely to cause a problem that you would regret.

    --
    Steve W.

    Steve W., Oct 12, 2011
  5. Tom

    Ben Myers Guest

    On Oct 12, 2:29 pm, Tom <> wrote:
    > Vostro 1500 laptop
    >
    > Can I just pop off the keys? The right-arrow isn't working right, maybe a
    > problem with some Doritos.

    Replacement keyboards are cheap and easy to replace. Give up the
    Doritos! It's a well-known fact that Fritos are better for
    keyboards. So are chocolate chip cookies, because they are less
    crunchy. Avoid peanut butter and jelly... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 13, 2011