    Hello,

    Can anyone tell me, is 6x100 with k6 III + 450 possible on that mobo? I've
    heard suggestion that it even supports 133MHz. Anyone tried that?
    R.Manikowski, Sep 4, 2003

  2. R.Manikowski

    Dave Guest

    "R.Manikowski" <> wrote in message
    news:bj895j$de3$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me, is 6x100 with k6 III + 450 possible on that mobo?

    Yep, set it up at 2x, it should recognize it as 6x. It will work at 600 MHz
    if the CPU is up to the task (many are). You might have to bump up the
    voltage a tenth or two for stability's sake, but I don't really recommend
    anything beyond that. A good heatsink/fan helps too.

    I've
    > heard suggestion that it even supports 133MHz. Anyone tried that?

    Not sure what the PCI divider would work out to be, might be better off at
    ~124.133 MHz is a crapshoot with the MVP3 chipset.

    Dave, Sep 5, 2003

  3. R.Manikowski

    John Guest

    yup that's what my set up uses, 600 stable at default voltage, 100 fsb
    ~ 112 is the highest you'll use on that board

    John, Sep 5, 2003
  4. R.Manikowski

    D. Baggett Guest

    I got mine up to 600 @100FSB but it was pretty much unstable. The highest
    stable settings I could manage was 550. I had no luck at all with 112 FSB.

    But if you want to try the higher speeds you probably will need to abandon
    any ISA cards. I also had some troubles with the video card, whether I used
    both the AGP and PCI 1 slots or just either one alone. I kept having to pull
    the battery and let the bios go to default. Even then, I often would run
    into Windows protection errors.

    But XP ran a lot better than Win 98 and didn't have near as many crashes. I
    eventually just got so frustrated that I built an Athlon system.

    D. Baggett, Sep 5, 2003
  5. R.Manikowski

    socket7! Guest

    I have the possibility to buy K6 III + 400 ACR. Is there any difference in
    overclockability betweeen 400 and 450MHz versions?

    U¿ytkownik "John" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

    socket7!, Sep 6, 2003
  6. R.Manikowski

    neopolaris Guest

    Better chance of hitting 600 with the 450+ cpu IMHO.

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Sep 7, 2003