    What to do?

    Any help is appreciated,

    Regards Rubbie
    Rubbie, May 7, 2006

  2. Rubbie

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 07 May 2006 04:04:10 +0200, Rubbie wrote:

    > I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
    > xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350 mhz.
    > What to do?

    Set the FSB to 133MHz. You have it set at 100 now.

    Wes Newell, May 7, 2006

  3. Rubbie

    Logan Guest

    Rubbie wrote:
    > Now I know this might not be directly related to this group, still i'm gonna
    > try my luck in here.
    >
    > I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
    > xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350 mhz.
    > So i tried to flash the MB so it would recognize the cpu correctly. I used
    > the tools provided by ECS. But when I tried to flash the MB, the programm
    > told me the MB doesn't support flashing.
    > Does anyone have a solution to this? The BIOS used is Amibios. I also tried
    > their flash utility, and it tells me the same thing: MB does not support
    > flashing.
    >
    > What to do?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated,
    >
    > Regards Rubbie

    The MB is fine and is doing exactly what it is supposed to. The reason
    that you can not flash the mb is that there is a jumper on it to prevent
    exactly what you are trying to do. You need to find and remove the
    jumper to flash the BIOS. I believe your real problem is you have the
    FSB set to 100 Mhz instead of 133Mhz.
    Logan, May 9, 2006
  4. Rubbie

    Rubbie Guest

    "Logan" <> wrote in message
    > Rubbie wrote:
    >> Now I know this might not be directly related to this group, still i'm
    >> gonna try my luck in here.
    >>
    >> I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
    >> xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350
    >> mhz. So i tried to flash the MB so it would recognize the cpu correctly.
    >> I used the tools provided by ECS. But when I tried to flash the MB, the
    >> programm told me the MB doesn't support flashing.
    >> Does anyone have a solution to this? The BIOS used is Amibios. I also
    >> tried their flash utility, and it tells me the same thing: MB does not
    >> support flashing.
    >>
    >> What to do?
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated,
    >>
    >> Regards Rubbie

    > The MB is fine and is doing exactly what it is supposed to. The reason
    > that you can not flash the mb is that there is a jumper on it to prevent
    > exactly what you are trying to do. You need to find and remove the jumper
    > to flash the BIOS. I believe your real problem is you have the FSB set to
    > 100 Mhz instead of 133Mhz.

    Yeah I already figured out the FSB part ;). I thought that, if it ain't set
    too 100 FSB by jumpers, it is automatically set to use 133 FSB.

    The flashing problem was solved by using an older version of the flashing
    program (Since the newer versions didn't support the EEPROM)

    I forgot to mention in my original post that, there was no option in BIOS
    nor was there a jumper that could be switched to allow BIOS overwriting to
    allowed.

    Anyway, I fixed the problems I had and everything is running fine now.

    Thanks for your efforts everyone :)

    Regards Rubbie
    Rubbie, May 13, 2006