    Is it at all possible to OC a K7S5A and a 1800+ Tbred. the board is not
    the PRO.

    I Have looked in the newsgroups here and it doesn't seem very promising.

    Richard Hall, Oct 9, 2005

  2. Richard Hall

    Buffalo Guest

    "Richard Hall" <> wrote in message
    news:bc82f.106314$...
    > Is it at all possible to OC a K7S5A and a 1800+ Tbred. the board is not
    > the PRO.
    >
    > I Have looked in the newsgroups here and it doesn't seem very promising.

    Two things to try are:
    1) HoneyX BIOS (allows some overclocking). (Great BIOS overall)
    2)SpeedFan (Free program that allows OC after you are in Windows)
    You can try different speeds in SF, and if you need to reboot, it can revert
    back to the standard speed.

    Buffalo, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Richard Hall

    Richard Hall Guest

    i have this speedfan running now.
    i haven't changed any speeds yet. Is there any risk of harming the
    system? right now its at 133/133/133 when i went to detect in speedfan.
    And if i were to change it, what exactly should i change, and what
    should i change it to? (for example)

    i have a 1800+ tbred, standard fan, casefan, 512 ddr ram 3200 running at
    whatever this board handles (2100 is it?)

    Richard Hall, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Hi there,

    I found this site that suggest the closing of bridge L5(1) to unlock the
    multiplier of the Athlon XP-M

    I could "upgrade" my 14X143mhz Athlon XP-M to something in the neighborhood
    of 2400 real mhz,

    You might look it over, you might be able to unlock the multiplier of your
    1800+

    I used to have a 1800+ but it would not overclock significantly so you might
    be loosing your time

    On my Systeme, I uopgraded to an Athlon XP-M

    http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e24.html#L5

    I think that I have some silver paint around...

    I already have a Thermaltake fan with a copper core, not very efficient but
    much better than the stock Athlon XP fan Usually my CPU runs below 40C for
    2000mhz or real CPU speed

    It seems to be possible to use Crystal CPUID Multiplier
    management with an "unlock" Athlon XP-M, It seems to work fine with the
    "locked" cpu

    I have the K7S5A with the Honey-X Bios, A 2400+ Athlon XP-M and 1GB of
    Kingston DDR-333 memory@DDR285 (!!)

    Charles

    Charles Leblanc, Oct 12, 2005