    another LAN in a PCI slot and everything works fine with it. Does
    anyone have the built in LAN working on this MB??? If so, what driver
    and setting did you use in order to accomplish that? Thanks.

    Ken, Dec 15, 2007

  2. Ken

    Kyle Guest

    SIS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter is the name given by my system to
    the adapter, and it has worked properly in several k7s5a systems I've
    built over the years. The RTL8201BL refers to the PHY layer, whatever
    that means. Just use the SIS 900 driver, it should work. No
    particular/custom settings should be required if your setup is using
    "obtain IP address automatically" via DHCP, which is what you should
    be using.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    | I have the above MB (v5.0) with what reads on the LAN chip as
    RTL8201BL

    Kyle, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Kyle wrote:
    > SIS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter is the name given by my system to
    > the adapter, and it has worked properly in several k7s5a systems I've
    > built over the years. The RTL8201BL refers to the PHY layer, whatever
    > that means. Just use the SIS 900 driver, it should work. No
    > particular/custom settings should be required if your setup is using
    > "obtain IP address automatically" via DHCP, which is what you should
    > be using.

    Thanks for the reply. I have been setting my LAN as you describe with
    IP address automatic and still no luck. Perhaps I have a bad circuit?
    My purpose in asking is that others have expressed difficulty in getting
    their on-board LANs to work with the same symptoms. I kept thinking I
    had something set wrong or still had not found the correct driver. Thanks.

    Ken, Dec 17, 2007

    you can find the driver you need on www.ecs.com.tw

    Thierry Lafond, Dec 17, 2007
  5. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Thierry Lafond wrote:
    > Ken wrote:
    >> I have the above MB (v5.0) with what reads on the LAN chip as
    >> RTL8201BL LAN. Searching the news groups I have read about how the
    >> real LAN driver should be SIS900 PCI-based Ethernet and have tried
    >> several versions of that driver. The hardware is recognized by Win
    >> XP and says it is operating properly, but each time I try to connect
    >> to my cable modem (RCA DCM315R) it says it is trying to obtain an
    >> address and no connection is ever made.
    >>
    >> After having tried everything I could think of, I finally installed
    >> another LAN in a PCI slot and everything works fine with it. Does
    >> anyone have the built in LAN working on this MB??? If so, what

    > driver
    >> and setting did you use in order to accomplish that? Thanks.

    > you can find the driver you need on www.ecs.com.tw

    I am going to try the driver, but I THINK I already tried this one.
    Did you encounter any problems with your LAN??

    Ken, Dec 18, 2007
  6. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Thierry Lafond wrote:
    > Ken wrote:
    >> I have the above MB (v5.0) with what reads on the LAN chip as
    >> RTL8201BL LAN. Searching the news groups I have read about how the
    >> real LAN driver should be SIS900 PCI-based Ethernet and have tried
    >> several versions of that driver. The hardware is recognized by Win
    >> XP and says it is operating properly, but each time I try to connect
    >> to my cable modem (RCA DCM315R) it says it is trying to obtain an
    >> address and no connection is ever made.
    >>
    >> After having tried everything I could think of, I finally installed
    >> another LAN in a PCI slot and everything works fine with it. Does
    >> anyone have the built in LAN working on this MB??? If so, what

    > driver
    >> and setting did you use in order to accomplish that? Thanks.

    > you can find the driver you need on www.ecs.com.tw

    I give up. It still refuses to obtain the address regardless of what
    version driver I use. Since it works with a plug-in card I can live
    without the on board LAN working. Thanks.

    Ken, Dec 19, 2007
  7. Ken

    Buffalo Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    > Thierry Lafond wrote:
    > > Ken wrote:
    > >> I have the above MB (v5.0) with what reads on the LAN chip as
    > >> RTL8201BL LAN. Searching the news groups I have read about how the
    > >> real LAN driver should be SIS900 PCI-based Ethernet and have tried
    > >> several versions of that driver. The hardware is recognized by Win
    > >> XP and says it is operating properly, but each time I try to connect
    > >> to my cable modem (RCA DCM315R) it says it is trying to obtain an
    > >> address and no connection is ever made.
    > >>
    > >> After having tried everything I could think of, I finally installed
    > >> another LAN in a PCI slot and everything works fine with it. Does
    > >> anyone have the built in LAN working on this MB??? If so, what

    > > driver
    > >> and setting did you use in order to accomplish that? Thanks.

    > > you can find the driver you need on www.ecs.com.tw
    > >

    > I give up. It still refuses to obtain the address regardless of what
    > version driver I use. Since it works with a plug-in card I can live
    > without the on board LAN working. Thanks.

    Do you have it enabled in the BIOS?
    I just thought I would mention it, just in case.

    Buffalo, Dec 23, 2007
  8. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > "Ken" <> wrote in message
    >> Thierry Lafond wrote:

    >>> driver
    >>> you can find the driver you need on www.ecs.com.tw
    >>>

    >> I give up. It still refuses to obtain the address regardless of what
    >> version driver I use. Since it works with a plug-in card I can live
    >> without the on board LAN working. Thanks.

    > Do you have it enabled in the BIOS?
    > I just thought I would mention it, just in case.

    Yes, it is enabled and detected by Windows. In fact Win says it is
    operating properly. It just cannot resolve the IP address regardless of
    what driver I use. Perhaps it is bad?

    Ken, Dec 24, 2007