    Need suggestions her, please.
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson
    sligo, Nov 22, 2005

  2. sligo

    SleeperMan Guest

    sligo wrote:
    > Aded new hard drive/80 cable to system and now won't boot. Gives 2
    > sec beep about every 4 or 5 seconds.
    > I hope I did not inadvertently break something with my big hands.
    > Need suggestions her, please.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    below i give you some error beep functions if you find your's there...
    But, in general...
    how did you plug it in? on same cable as it's existing one? If so, did you
    move jumper on new HDD to SLAVE? There must NOT be two master or two slave
    drives on one cable...

    Continous long beeps with short pauses in between:

    The beep indicated that the motherboad did not detect the your memory.
    Please check and make sure the memory is fully seated into the slot. If you
    have re-seated the memory a few time and it is still not working, then the
    memory you have may not be compatible with the board.

    I get one long and 2 shorts beeps follow by Hi -Lo tone

    This could be due to the following;
    1. the ram module is bad,
    2. bad power supply.
    3. the data in the Bios chips is corrupted. - try clear Cmos.

    System worked before but now only beep continuously

    This could happen if:
    1. Power supply unit is bad.
    2. BIOS is corrupted.
    at this point the first thing to try is a different Power Supply, to see if
    the results are any better.
    If the same problem happen with the new power supply, you may need to send
    the BIOS Chip to SOYO for reprogramming.

    I get one long beep + two or three short beeps from the speaker.

    It is very likely that the VGA card is not properly seated in to the slot.
    Please push the VGA card down and make sure it 'snaps' twice to ensure it is
    fully seated into the slot.
    if the same problem still exist please try a different VGA card.

    I got a beep sometimes 2 or 3 beeps when I turn on my Dragon board.

    Well, this is normal for the Dragon board to behave this way. When the sysem
    boots up, it will check the onboard devices and each time it detects a
    device, it will beep to indicate that the component is functioning.

    Computer makes one or several beeps and Shuts-Off automatically

    1. check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B
    only)
    2. the CPU might be overheating. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan
    is in proper contact with the CPU.
    3. clear CMOS battery (JP5), be sure to set JP5 back to 1-2 position. (see
    Quick start guide/ user manual for more info on how to clear the CMOS)
    4. make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B
    specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03
    specification power supply. (power supply that have an extra 4-pin square
    connector)
    5. if you already checked the power supply specification, change the power
    supply it might be defective.
    6. remove the M/B from the case and test the system. The M/B might be
    shorted to the case.

    One beep and nothing come up on the monitor

    This could be due to the following;

    1. The monitor is not plug in correctly. Please check the monitor cable be
    sure it is connected firmly. If problem still presist, please try another
    monitor.
    2. The Bios setting may not be set correctly. - To correct this problem try
    turn the system on while holding the "Insert" key down. Once the system
    comes up, hit the "Del" key and select "Load Optimised Defaults", hit
    "Enter" then select "Y". next choose save and exit.
    SleeperMan, Nov 23, 2005

  3. sligo

    sligo Guest

    Thank you for kind response.
    I found the ram card loose, reseated and all's well. Hands too large for
    confined space.
    Thank you,
    Seamus J.

    ------

    sligo, Nov 25, 2005
  4. sligo

    uddarts Guest

    "" wrote:
    > Aded new hard drive/80 cable to system and now won't boot.
    > Gives 2 sec beep
    > about every 4 or 5 seconds.
    > I hope I did not inadvertently break something with my big
    > hands.
    > Need suggestions her, please.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    try reseating the ram and vid card. it should be one of the two. also
    try resetting the bios//cmos by unpluging the psu and setting the
    jumper to clear.

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/K7V-Dragon-problem-XP-Pro-ftopict65444.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=328082