    Any ideas what to check next or am I just out of luck. At one time in
    the past I got it to load XP. Now just does nothing.

    , Sep 18, 2005

  2. unplug HD and other drives and see what happens

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Sep 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    I unplugged everything, got a new memory stick, took the MB out of the
    case. All I get is a little click when it the cpu fan spins up. If I
    hit reset the little click again.

    Anyway, I think it is definitely a bad mobo because I took the CPU out
    of the MB and put it in a MB with the same memory, etc. and all worked
    fine.

    So what happened is that I paid $90 never got my $70 rebate (been a
    year and soyo claims I will get my rebate) and now the MB will not
    work.

    I will never never every by SOYO again.

    , Sep 18, 2005
  4. did you try a video card?
    any beeps?

    I think soyo has lost a lot of possible future customers!

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Dave H. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi, my soyo k7vme will not post. It turns on. The CPU fan comes on.
    > The HD spins and start to "crank up" (but quickly stops making the
    > reading noise). The PC does not shutdown. It just runs with no
    > results. The video cannot be seen. The Power Supply is the one that
    > came with it. I have tried the memory in both slots. The CPU is a
    > good one from another system (1700XP AMD).
    >
    > Any ideas what to check next or am I just out of luck. At one time in
    > the past I got it to load XP. Now just does nothing.

    Make sure you still have the cpu power connector (two yellow 12V and two
    black Ground wires and a plug) connected to this motherboard. That has
    screwed up alot of people. You might even want to try another power supply.
    Some real junky PSU's on the market.

    My board runs fine. Got the Soyo rebate on this board after about 8 months.
    Poor rebate service is damaging the Soyo brand name.

    Dave H.

    Dave H., Sep 26, 2005
  6. Guest

    Yes. The rebate is damaging SOYO. The word is out.

    The 12V was plugged in. The CPU fan will spin and all, just no video
    and the HD beyond and initial spin up. I have used the PSU on another
    machine without problem. Thanks though.

    , Sep 26, 2005
  7. To those of you with SOYO rebate problems...

    Hi, my name is William Anderson and I am a member of the Pennsylvania
    bar, working in Washington, DC. Recently, we have been investigating
    many claims regarding Soyo rebates. In connection with the ongoing
    investigation, it would be very useful if I could talk with you about
    your experience with Soyo, particularly regarding any difficulty you
    encountered attempting to redeem your rebate. If you are interested,
    please e-mail me at or contact me by phone at
    202-789-3960. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    williamanderson, Sep 29, 2005
  8. Dave H. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi, my soyo k7vme will not post. It turns on. The CPU fan comes on.
    > The HD spins and start to "crank up" (but quickly stops making the
    > reading noise). The PC does not shutdown. It just runs with no
    > results. The video cannot be seen. The Power Supply is the one that
    > came with it. I have tried the memory in both slots. The CPU is a
    > good one from another system (1700XP AMD).

    The cpu speed jumper settings have been known to cause problems. Your board
    might have been shipped with the jumpers on the wrong clips. Pull off both
    flea clips to get the 133 MHz front side bus, then try the 100 Mhz FSB
    setting. The 200 Mhz FSB option is screened onto the board, but not
    supported, and I could never post at 200 Mhz. Mine is currently jumpered for
    166 Mhz, and slightly overclocked in the bios (T-bred "A" at 1860 Mhz).

    HTH,

    Dave H.

    Dave H., Oct 10, 2005
  9. Guest

    I tried it with no jumper at all (as well as all the other settings).

    , Oct 11, 2005