K7Vmm+ ver. 3.1 problem

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Scrambler, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. Scrambler

    Scrambler Guest

    Duron 1.3ghz and ECS K7VMM+ MB

    Win XP home new install. XP will act like its overclocked. For example the
    sys tray clock will run really really fast. The minutes act like seconds.
    When I check the system cpu usage is goin crazy fast. I can reboot and it
    will go back to normal. It will do it again at someother point. I have done
    2 fresh installs of xp.

    Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. And also if you know whats
    goin on.

    TIA

    1. Advertising

  2. tcsenter

    tcsenter Guest

    Try replacing the motherboard CMOS battery. Should be coin-type, 3V
    Lithium, # CR2032. Worth a shot, anyway.

    1. Advertising

  3. wild man

    wild man Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I thought that at first. But when I reboot it will be
    normal.

    I reinstalled XP and even spk2 and it hasn't done it yet.