K7VTA Pro V1.0, Athlon XP 1800+ Trouble

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by mervburger@gmail.com, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have a K7VTA Pro V1.0 with an Athlon XP 1800+ (Palomino) processor. I
    was running it with the CPU FSB at 100MHz (I didn't bother changing it
    when I first set it up.)

    I recently tried putting the FSB to 133MHz so that the processor could
    run at it's fastest speed. However, when I did this, Windows XP refused
    to boot, giving me random BSOD STOP errors shortly after the splash
    screen displayed. I tried an Ubuntu 5.10 live-cd, but it would never
    get past decompressing the Linux kernel, or it would just get kernes
    panics.

    I flashed the BIOS to version 2AB2, but that made no difference.

    Once I set the FSB back to 100MHz, everything would work just fine.

    1. Advertising

  2. Could be your memory isn't willing to live at the faster speed.
    Have you checked to see what your memory is rated for?