    How can I find out the maximum HDD capacity this mobo can handle?

    I'm considering buying a 200Gb IDE drive.

    Thanks in advance.

    RioBORG, Dec 6, 2005

  2. RioBORG

    ThunderBob Guest

    You should be fine for a 200gig drive.
    I'm using a 250 gig drive on my K7VTAPro with the 2BA1 BIOS. 2BA1 added support for drives over 137 gigs.

    TB

    ThunderBob, Dec 6, 2005

  3. RioBORG

    Gaudi Guest

    I am currently using my K7VTA Pro to host a server but have notice
    it's slow HD performance. I get figures around 10-12 mb/s. Has anyon
    else performed any of these tests to compare results
    I used EVEREST Ultimate Edition, Tools, Disk Benchmark

    Thanks

    Gaudi, Jan 23, 2006
  4. RioBORG

    Guest

    Which processor you guys have running on you K7VTAPRO?

    I got an Athlon XP 1400 but I'm seriously thinking about getting a
    faster processor?

    Should an Athlon XP 2000 run ok? What's the fastest Athlon I can have?

    , Feb 6, 2006
  5. RioBORG

    ThunderBob Guest

    http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=16

    Soyo's list of compatible processors.

    Let's see, XP 1700+, XP1800+, XP 2000+, XP 2400+ all running fine on the various boards I know about. It's a V1.0 that's running the 2400+.

    Fastest for you depends on which version of K7VTA Pro you have. And you'd need to find the older cores if you want to upgrade (of course).

    TB.

    ThunderBob, Feb 7, 2006