K8T Neo V adding SATA Drive

Discussion in 'MSI' started by sesimon, Apr 13, 2008.

  1. sesimon

    sesimon

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2008
    Hi,

    I have a K8T Neo V motherboard. I'm trying to add a SATA drive. I would like to mirror the IDE drive, then change the boot sequence using the SATA drive as my main drive.

    However, BIOS is not recognizing the SATA drive. The drive is powered up and I've unplugged and plugged the data cable. I'm using a 600 Watt power supply.

    First, should the BIOS see the drive regardless of the BIOS settings, if the physical connections are right?

    Second, how should the BIOS be set? The only reference in this BIOS that I could find to SATA, was under Integrated Peripherals. I changed the On-Chip SATA - IDE Controller from RAID to SATA.

    Am I in the ballpark?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Stephen