    have 1G of memory.

    Am I better off trying to search for a generic low-density RAM to
    replace my Kingston sticks, or is there a way to make it compatible?

    Tamaritha, May 14, 2007

  2. Tamaritha

    Geoff Guest

    "Tamaritha" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G), which
    > is currently in my computer, the motherboard being an AV8 Third Eye.
    > (Didn't get a choice of a normal AV8. Ripped the guru clock out.)
    >
    > The Kingston site does list it as being compatible with the
    > motherboard, but the BIOS still only recognises half of it! While 1G
    > isn't too bad to run most programs on Windows XP, I'd like to at least
    > *see* where I spent my money on.
    >
    > I've already flashed the BIOS to the latest (28) and cleared the CMOS
    > using the CCMOS jumpers as directed - but it absolutely insists I only
    > have 1G of memory.
    >
    > Am I better off trying to search for a generic low-density RAM to
    > replace my Kingston sticks, or is there a way to make it compatible?

    KVR400X64C3AK2/1G1GB (512MB 64M x 64-Bit x 2 pcs.)
    did you think it was 1gig x 2 ?

    Geoff, May 15, 2007

  3. Tamaritha

    SumGuy Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Tamaritha" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G), which
    >> is currently in my computer, the motherboard being an AV8 Third Eye.
    >> (Didn't get a choice of a normal AV8. Ripped the guru clock out.)
    >>
    >> The Kingston site does list it as being compatible with the
    >> motherboard, but the BIOS still only recognises half of it! While 1G
    >> isn't too bad to run most programs on Windows XP, I'd like to at least
    >> *see* where I spent my money on.
    >>
    >> I've already flashed the BIOS to the latest (28) and cleared the CMOS
    >> using the CCMOS jumpers as directed - but it absolutely insists I only
    >> have 1G of memory.
    >>
    >> Am I better off trying to search for a generic low-density RAM to
    >> replace my Kingston sticks, or is there a way to make it compatible?
    >>

    > KVR400X64C3AK2/1G1GB (512MB 64M x 64-Bit x 2 pcs.)
    > did you think it was 1gig x 2 ?

    He seems to contradict himself.
    He begins by saying ;

    "Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two..."

    then he complains about the motherboard;

    "...but it absolutely insists I only have 1G of memory."

    :-?

    SumGuy, May 15, 2007