KT-600 Blue screens then boots normally. Arrgh!

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Bill Nicholson, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. KT-600 Dragon Plus v2.0
    Win XP Home SP 2 and all patches

    nVidia geForce FX 5200 AGP video

    The system boots up, blue screens, boots again, gives the Windows startup
    option screen, counts down, and reboots into Normal Windows and funs
    flawlessly.

    This seems to happen once in a while after a full shutdown and power-on. It
    sppears to shut down normally but perhaps it's not shutting normally. :( .

    I disable dthe onbpoard RAID device and did not install a driver. Could that
    be it?

    If I just restart form Windows it does not hapopen, I think.

    It's being built for a Christmas gift! Help!

    Bill
    Cincinnati, OH USA

    nicomp at yahoo.com

    Bill Nicholson, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Bill Nicholson

    Guest

    Well first off, if your not using the RAID controller you don't want it
    turned on. So your not going to be able to install a driver for it
    under XP. It won't install drivers for non exsistant devices.

    If you had the Controller turned on with no drives connected to it, you
    would see a big slow down in your bootup time while it scanned for
    drives.

    When the system boots up is it a WinXP blue screen? If so what does it
    give you for an error message?

    Also what type of memory are you using in the system? How much in mb
    per memory DIMM?

    , Dec 19, 2004