Kt-600 dragon v2.0 mem problem

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Xist3nz, May 25, 2005.

  1. Xist3nz

    Xist3nz Guest

    I have alot to say sorry but i have been trying to figure this problem
    out for a couple of months and this seems like the place where i can
    find my answer.I have a soyo kt-600 dragon plusv2.0 MB and i have
    Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory CL2.5 along with a 2800+ amd
    seperon processor. The max FBS for my processor is 166. So i set it to
    166 so my processor runs at 2.0 mhz. well when i have my FBS at the
    speed i get these RAM related errors when playing World of warcraft or
    installing anything threw the disk drive.

    Now when i slow down my FBS to 133 which make my processor run at
    1.6 it seems to work fine and i dont have any problems. I would like
    to know what i need to do to run my computer at its normal speed (2.0
    MHZ) and have no problems with games/installing programs.

    On the SOYO compatability chart for ram it does not list ULTRA ram
    there but there site says 100% compatible. Tech support says that i
    need to buy a supported ram (kingston) and it might fix the problem. I
    really dont want to do that inless it my last choice. Is there PINS on
    the MB to adjust the speed of the ram like you can adjust the FBS? Is
    there settings i can adjust maybe in the bios to fix it(maybe there is
    a wrong setting or somthing). I know alot about build computer but
    this has me puzzled.

    Also i would like to know if there is a way to know if my ram is
    running at 400 MHZ or not. I dont know what the CL2.5 is either i just
    know what it stand for. Any help you have to offer would be
    wonderful. If you have any info to offer me you can send it to
    Fablexist3nz at @ at excite.com or post reply here. if you need any
    more information please reply with what you need and i will be more
    the happy to give it to you.

    Thank you

    Xist3nz

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Soyo-Kt-600-dragon-v2-mem-problem-ftopict56408.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=283552
    Xist3nz, May 25, 2005

  2. Xist3nz

    f/fgeorge Guest

    Get a copy of Everest, it is free, and it will tell you what you need
    to know about your ram timings. I suspect you bought cheap memory and
    are now paying the price.
    One thing to try would be to go into the BIOS and set it for the
    default settings, and see if it works that way. Then SLOWLY, one thing
    at a time, change the BIOS back to what you have now until you cause
    the problems you are now having. That will let you see what the cause
    is. If you have not played around in the BIOS before/yet then it is
    your memory!

    f/fgeorge, May 25, 2005