    options in BIOS nor any hardware jumper to disable/enable flash write
    protection on this board!

    , Mar 9, 2006

  2. Guest

    Update:

    I believe the BIOS chip is corrupt or defective. I took the BIOS chip
    from the second Soyo board I had and installed it in the board that is
    giving me trouble, then tried to update the BIOS again. There was no
    "BIOS Write Protection" displayed on screen during POST and the BIOS
    updated successfully.

    I'm going to have the flakey chip tested on a device programmer and
    reprogrammed if it tests OK (or replaced if not).

    , Mar 9, 2006