    will the KT7 (not KT7A) run with an AMD 1600+?

    2
    what is the correct procedure for discharging the CMOS of this board?
    Kosmo Kramer, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Kosmo Kramer

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:19:10 +0800, Kosmo Kramer wrote:

    > will the KT7 (not KT7A) run with an AMD 1600+?

    Yes, you can run any Socket A CPU in the KT7, even a 3200+. But to get the
    most out of it, you should know a few things. See my server link in sig
    line.

    > what is the correct procedure for discharging the CMOS of this board?

    Shorting the clear cmos pins on the MB. You can lso default the CMOS by
    holding the Insert key during boot. See manual.

    Wes Newell, Oct 29, 2006

  3. Kosmo Kramer

    Kosmo Kramer Guest

    I replaced my Athlon 900 Mhz with a 1600+ and it won't boot up at all.

    How do you actually "short the clear CMOS pins"? (instructions for a 6 year
    old pls?)

    The manual isn't very clear on that either.

    Thanks alot

    Kosmo Kramer, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Kosmo Kramer wrote:

    | I replaced my Athlon 900 Mhz with a 1600+ and it won't boot up at all.
    |
    | How do you actually "short the clear CMOS pins"? (instructions for a 6
    | year old pls?)
    |
    | The manual isn't very clear on that either.
    |
    | Thanks alot

    Remove the power cord from the PSU. Open up the case. Near the battery is
    a jumper block with three pins labeled CCMOS1. The pins are numbered 1, 2
    and 3. There is a jumper on pins 1 and 2 under normal circumstances.

    To clear the CMOS, move the jumper to pins 2 and 3 and wait a minute. Move
    the jumper back to pins 1 and 2.

    Replace the power cord to the PSU and start the system. Press DEL at the
    POST screen and reenter all of your BIOS settings, starting with Load
    Optimized Defaults.

    Jef
    Bird JanitorĀ®, Oct 30, 2006
  5. Kosmo Kramer

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:47:46 +0800, Kosmo Kramer wrote:

    > I replaced my Athlon 900 Mhz with a 1600+ and it won't boot up at all.

    Hold down the Insert key while booting. When it post, hit Delete key to go
    into bios and make the proper settings. Don't try and run the FSB at 133
    MHZ. It won't work. Leave it at 100/33. Save new settings and exit.

    Wes Newell, Oct 30, 2006