    card would be of no use? Or would it?
    Thanks,
    scott

    WilcoxSE, Apr 23, 2004

  2. WilcoxSE

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:31:14 -0400, WilcoxSE wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a ultra ata/100cmd0649 raid card kicking around. Now, as the older
    > KT7 9not Raid) board/bios doesn't support ata/100, I am assuming that this
    > card would be of no use? Or would it?
    > Thanks,
    > scott

    Sure you can use it, along with or without the onboard controller. Put you
    cdr's, etc on the on board, and your HD's on the ata100 card.

    Wes Newell, Apr 24, 2004

  3. WilcoxSE

    WilcoxSE Guest

    "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    > Sure you can use it, along with or without the onboard controller. Put you
    > cdr's, etc on the on board, and your HD's on the ata100 card.

    But will I be able to actually take advantage of the ATA/100 or just 66 ?
    thanks
    scott

    WilcoxSE, Apr 24, 2004
  4. WilcoxSE

    DougH Guest

    > But will I be able to actually take advantage of the ATA/100 or just 66 ?
    > thanks
    > scott

    Yes you would be able to take advantage of the ATA100, That's what add in
    boards are for, to add function to your motherboard that it didn't have
    before.

    DougH

    DougH, Apr 24, 2004
  5. WilcoxSE

    WilcoxSE Guest

    "DougH" <> wrote in message
    > Yes you would be able to take advantage of the ATA100, That's what add in
    > boards are for, to add function to your motherboard that it didn't have
    > before.

    Yeh..thats what I thought..but wondered if it only would allow additional
    ide add-on capacity, yet still limited to boards basic bios capabilities.
    Thanks for the info!
    scott

    WilcoxSE, Apr 24, 2004