    So what is the best one to get? Can I move up to an Athlon XP 3200
    without issue on the KT7A?

    --*Rob

    Rob Usdin, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Rob Usdin

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:27:25 -0800, Rob Usdin wrote:

    > Have a KT7A - want to upgrade the processor - as I understand it since
    > i have the v1.3 of the board (upgraded the BIOS so I could use a nice
    > big 320 GB hard drive in fact) I should be able to move up to an
    > Athlon XP.
    >
    > So what is the best one to get? Can I move up to an Athlon XP 3200
    > without issue on the KT7A?

    No. You need an XP-M, MP, or /266 model XP. Exceptions would be any
    unlocked XP as model number wouldn't matter and you could set the
    multiplier up to 24x. The problem is that to upgrade it you'll probably
    have to spend a lot more than it's worth. You'd be much better off buying
    a new MB/CPU/ram and selling your old MB/CPU/ram on ebay. See My server
    link below for more info.

    Wes Newell, Mar 1, 2007