    to change from the defaults?

    Thanks,
    BGC

    BGC, Jun 25, 2009

  2. BGC

    Kent_Diego Guest

    It has been my experience that WinXP has almost all the drivers already.
    Just do the install and see what has a yellow ! afterward. It is likely the
    WiFi card will not have driver so get that before hand. Once you have
    internet, Windows Update will get newest drivers. Right click in Device
    Manager on yellow ! devices and look for new drivers. Try to get the new
    Service Pack 3 WinXP disk so you will have more newer drivers available at
    install.

    Kent_Diego, Jun 26, 2009

  3. BGC

    Dex Guest

    Load the 4in1 drivers first

    cheers,
    Dex

    Dex, Jun 27, 2009
  4. BGC

    BGC Guest

    Thanks for the replies.

    I got the 4in1 drivers directly from the VIA site. I had to leave it for a
    while when windows finished loading from the CD, when I came back I
    accidentally loaded the linksys wifi card software before loading the 4in1
    drivers. The system seems to be working fine so I'm not going to start
    over for that misstep. I was already on my 3rd attempt to get it working
    after deciding that an old sound card's drivers were the cause of previous
    problems. I removed the sound card and all went smoothly, despite loading
    the wifi before 4in1.

    BGC

    BGC, Jun 27, 2009
  5. BGC

    Dex Guest

    The 4in1 drivers aren't needed for the network card, so there shouldn't
    be any problems. The 4in1's are for the motherboard chipset which
    includes AGP video.

    cheers,
    Dex

    Dex, Jun 28, 2009