KT880 Dragon 2 v2 Game Problem

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Fred-Fred, Oct 23, 2005.

  1. Fred-Fred

    Fred-Fred Guest

    Can't get Call of Duty to run on this new MBO & CPU.
    It locks up when it loads the game, opening screens run fine.

    OS: WIN XP Pro Service Pack 2 all currant updates.
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

    Motherboard Name Soyo KT880 DRAGON 2 v2.0

    AMD Althon XP 3200
    Memory 1 gig or ram total 2 512 mb sticks of OCZ SDRAM (spec. below)

    DIMM1: OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K
    DIMM3: OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K
    Memory Module Properties
    Module Name OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K
    Serial Number None
    Module Size 512 MB (2 ranks, 4 banks)
    Module Type Unbuffered
    Memory Type DDR SDRAM
    Memory Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)
    Module Width 64 bit
    Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
    Error Detection Method None
    Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

    Memory Timings
    @ 200 MHz 2.5-4-4-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

    Video Card

    Video Adapter Properties
    Device Description NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Adapter String GeForce FX 5200
    BIOS String Version 4.34.20.69.01
    Chip Type GeForce FX 5200
    DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
    Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.7184 - nVIDIA ForceWare 71.84)
    Memory Size 256 MB

    I Installed the 1.5 patch from Activision NO differance

    Tried older and newest NVIDIA Drivers NO difference

    Tried two 512mb sticks of Corsair PC3200 NO difference
    Tried a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128mb video card NO difference
    The game runs fine on the PC I got these parts out of.

    Talked to SOYO and they told me to up the memory voltage a step at a time.
    APG slot voltage.
    And adjust the Memory timings, so one at a time I adjusted these settings.
    NO Difference

    When the game locks up, in Task Manager the CPU usage stays at 100% until I
    end the game program from the applications tab.

    Any one else have this problem? The PC run's great otherwise.
    It seam to have a problem with Graphic Accelerated games.

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks, Fred Kenngott

    Email

    Computer System Summary

    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
    Computer Name FREDSGAMER
    User Name Fred

    Motherboard
    CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+
    Motherboard Name Soyo KT880 DRAGON 2 v2.0 (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 4 DDR DIMM,
    Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    Motherboard Chipset VIA Apollo KT880
    System Memory 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    BIOS Type AMI (10/10/04)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

    Display
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (256 MB)
    3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Monitor SCEPTRE X7SV-Naga [NoDB] (1333980)

    Multimedia
    Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

    Storage
    IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
    SCSI/RAID Controller VIA SATA RAID Controller
    Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
    Disk Drive IOMEGA ZIP 100
    Disk Drive Maxtor 6 L300S0 SCSI Disk Device (300 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
    Disk Drive Maxtor 6 Y160P0 USB Device (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
    Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
    Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
    Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
    Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
    Disk Drive Maxtor 6Y080P0 (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
    Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DRU-710A (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:16x/4x,
    DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
    Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU1613 (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
    SMART Hard Disks Status OK

    Partitions
    F: (NTFS) 60000 MB (37353 MB free)
    G: (NTFS) 226172 MB (174849 MB free)
    H: (NTFS) 39087 MB (9562 MB free)
    I: (NTFS) 39064 MB (5065 MB free)
    P: (NTFS) 156327 MB (27932 MB free)
    Total Size 508.4 GB (248.8 GB free)

    Input
    Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

    Network
    Network Adapter VIA Networking Velocity-Family Giga-bit Ethernet Adapter
    (192.168.1.8)

    Peripherals
    Printer \\VIDEOEDITOR\Canon i560
    Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
    Printer Panasonic KX-P7100
    USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
    USB Device EPSON Perfection1650
    USB Device Generic USB Hub
    USB Device Logitech Microphone (Pro 4000)
    USB Device Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
    USB Device Logitech USB Camera (Pro 4000)
    USB Device Panasonic Printer
    USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
    USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

    Fred-Fred, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Fred-Fred

    uddarts Guest

    "" wrote:
> [...]
    > Keyboard
    > Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
    >
    > Network
    > Network Adapter VIA Networking Velocity-Family Giga-bit
    > Ethernet Adapter
    > (192.168.1.8)
    >
    > Peripherals
    > Printer \VIDEOEDITORCanon i560
    > Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
    > Printer Panasonic KX-P7100
    > USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    > USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    > USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    > USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
    > USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
    > USB Device EPSON Perfection1650
    > USB Device Generic USB Hub
    > USB Device Logitech Microphone (Pro 4000)
    > USB Device Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
    > USB Device Logitech USB Camera (Pro 4000)

    i’m not a gamer so i don’t know if i can help much but check your
    memory and cpu stabilty.

    i’d use memory86 to test your memory. run it overnite and check for
    errors. if some show up it might be fixable by raise the dimm voltage
    or timings. i don’t think it will be a bad stick because you have the
    same problem with both brands.

    http://www.memtest86.com/

    if all checks out ok then run prime95 to test cpu and memory. under
    options/torture test/blend. watch your temps but don’t be suprised to
    see numbers in the 50s. running this overnite is also a good idea. as
    long as your not overclocking that should be good enough.

    http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

    if this is ok then it back to trouble shooting drivers and the such.

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/KT880-Dragon-v2-Game-Problem-ftopict64002.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=321958

    uddarts, Oct 28, 2005