Kudos to Epox

Discussion in 'Epox' started by tim, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. tim

    tim Guest

    I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
    fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
    caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
    perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
    the bulging caps.

    They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
    out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
    the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
    leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.

    2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
    my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!

    Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
    be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
    motherboard.

    Well done Epox!

    tim

    tim, Aug 10, 2005

  2. tim

    Bryan Thorp Guest

    I also recently sent in my 8KHA+ motherboard for the leaking caps issue. I
    noticed the caps bulging last fall, and when I did my WinXP SP2 upgrade
    earlier this year, I - coincidently - started getting spontaneous reboots.
    At the time, I couldn't reconcile whether it was my m/b or WinXp... So, I
    did a clean install of WinXP but the spontaneous reboots didn't go away, so
    I figured it was the m/b that was the source of that problem.

    EPoX offered an RMA on this 3.5+ year old board (waaaaay out of warranty!)
    for a nominal $20 US. I received it back in about 2 weeks also, and put it
    all back together and it booted up fine from the get-go. I was very
    impressed with the service and support. I will certainly weight that
    heavily when I build my next machine. (I currently have 2 EPoX m/bs).

    bryan

    Bryan Thorp, Aug 12, 2005

  3. tim

    Linda Guest

    tim wrote:

    > I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
    > fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
    > caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
    > perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
    > the bulging caps.
    >
    > They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
    > out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
    > the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
    > leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
    >
    > 2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
    > my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
    >
    > Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
    > be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
    > motherboard.
    >
    > Well done Epox!
    >
    > tim

    I fully concur. I had a simuliar situation and was assisted in much the
    same manner. I would express my loyalty to Epox thanks mostly to their
    excellent support. EPOX has my vote :)

    Linda, Apr 16, 2006
  4. tim

    MHz Tweaker Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:18:06 GMT, Linda <>
    wrote:

    >tim wrote:
    >
    >> I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
    >> fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
    >> caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
    >> perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
    >> the bulging caps.
    >>
    >> They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
    >> out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
    >> the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
    >> leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
    >>
    >> 2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
    >> my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
    >>
    >> Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
    >> be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
    >> motherboard.
    >>
    >> Well done Epox!
    >>
    >> tim
    >>

    >I fully concur. I had a simuliar situation and was assisted in much the
    >same manner. I would express my loyalty to Epox thanks mostly to their
    >excellent support. EPOX has my vote :)

    I wish I could say the same about Soyo.... they don't seem to give a
    Sh$% and Tiger Direct is even WORSE!!!!! Soyo actually wants me to
    both pay for shipping there and enclose a check to pay for shipping
    back to me for a KT880 Dragon 2 (Socket A) board I bought just before
    Xmas in 2005. The damn board was plagued with problems from the
    get-go.

    Lesson 1 - Never buy the used refurbished junk from Tiger Direct
    (anything they sell)
    Lesson 2 - Stay Away from Soyo motherboards
    Lesson 3 - Do your homework and don't buy on impulse

    MHz Tweaker, Apr 19, 2006
  5. tim

    Andy H Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > tim wrote:
    >
    >> I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
    >> fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
    >> caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
    >> perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
    >> the bulging caps.
    >>
    >> They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
    >> out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
    >> the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
    >> leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
    >>
    >> 2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
    >> my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
    >>
    >> Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
    >> be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
    >> motherboard.
    >>
    >> Well done Epox!
    >>
    >> tim
    >>

    > I fully concur. I had a simuliar situation and was assisted in much the
    > same manner. I would express my loyalty to Epox thanks mostly to their
    > excellent support. EPOX has my vote :)

    In a similar vein, I've just built up a pc for my daughter out of a defunct
    Integral digital video recorder (Got 10 of these @ £950 each and three years
    old - don't go there...) anyhow the board (Ep-4PGMI) has been a peach to set
    up, currently running a non supported 2.6Ghz Celeron @ 2.9 and rising and
    surprised the crap out of me by running a (unknown to me) dual colour led @
    standby which the original OEM inhabitant of said case never did.

    Tech support answered my cpu query within 12 hrs...Something Asus, Abit and
    MSI never did (reply that is!).

    Epox will definitely be on my future mainboard list for sure.

    Andy H, May 22, 2006