L440GX+ BMC Flash Recovery

Discussion in 'Intel' started by wahaj87, May 19, 2009.

  1. wahaj87

    wahaj87

    Joined:
    May 19, 2009
    Location:
    Islamabad
    Hi
    I have intel motherboard L440GX+. I successfully updated the bios. Then tried the bmc flash using bmc flash utility version 1.24 as given on

    - is / and = is .
    www=intel=com-support-motherboards-server-l440gx

    IntelĀ® L440GX+ Server Board support

    Command is : fwupdate.exe lwfb0124.hex

    It works fine. reboot, fine, os loaded , fine.
    But system hangs after few hours. And now after few days the system is not booting at all.

    Checked the power line . Ok
    Checked the power supply. Ok

    How to boot it? I am pulling my hair out.
    Unable to boot even the jumper "RCVRY BOOT" is enabled.
    Also tried other combinations of the jumper setting. Used Default positions of Jumpers but in vain.
    I think its bmc flash has corrupted the boot code inside it. So any one knew how to flash the bmc in offline mode (without booting the system) (if possible) ?

    Thanks,
    Wahaj.

    wahaj87, May 19, 2009