L7VTA Rev. 1.0

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Walter, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. Walter

    Walter Guest

    L7VTA Rev. 1.0

    Fault
    press the start button and the fans run for a few seconds then stop
    press the start button again and nothing happens
    switch off the power at the mains for a few seconds switch back on
    press start button and the fans run for a few seconds and stop as
    described.

    When connecting power to the pc there is no indication that there is
    power going to
    the motherboard untill the start button is pressed then the red led
    light comes on
    and stays on even after the fans stop

    To try to find the fault I have done the following in this order
    Fitted new psu
    Changed the Graphic card for a known working one
    Removed all pci cards
    Disconnected all hard discs cdroms and floppy drive
    Tried 2 other known good CPUs
    Tried different memory
    Tested memory with memtest
    Tried a different PSU
    Reset cmos and changed battery
    To make sure the motherboard was not shorting on the case
    I removed it and carried out the test on the bench with the same
    results
    I tried the Graphic card,CPU,PSUand Memory in another pc and they work
    ok
    Have examined the motherboard for blown capacitators etc. and all
    looks ok

    any suggestions on the cause and possible rectification would be
    appreciated

    Walter

    Walter, Oct 11, 2007