    Any suggestions, will be gratefully accepted.
    Thank you

    , Jun 4, 2007

  2. On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 04:35:26 -0700, wrote:

    > Any suggestions, will be gratefully accepted.

    It sounds like you understand how to configure a LAN network adapter but
    the one built into your T60 is not operating correctly.

    Did this interface ever work or is this your first attempt to use it?

    In Device Manager, right click on that network adapter and ensure it is
    both enabled and in properties/general claims to be working properly.

    If that did not show you any obvious issues you might then uninstall the
    adapter and then allow it to become reinstalled (by rebooting or a
    right-click on Network Adapters and choosing scan for hardware changes).

    Last DIY hope may be to inspect the RJ45 socket for any obvious signs of
    damage or deformation to the 8 contacts.

    After that is will be a call to Lenovo for service. But they might insist
    on a reinstall of the operating system before agreeing to accept it for
    hardware repair. It is always nice to keep a spare drive containing a
    fresh OS install for such eventualities.

    Tony

    Anthony R. Gold, Jun 4, 2007

  3. Guest

    Tony,
    Thank you very much let me try those options and see what happens.
    Thanks
    Rao

    , Jun 4, 2007