Languages supported for handwriting recognition inVista

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Marcio Bastos, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Does anybody knows which will be the languages with support to handwriting
    recognition in Vista?

    Marcio Bastos, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Marcio Bastos

    Paul Smith Guest

    "Marcio Bastos" <Marcio > wrote in message
    > Does anybody knows which will be the languages with support to handwriting
    > recognition in Vista?

    From MVP Terri Stratton's site http://thetabletpc.net/faqs.htm :

    "Windows XP Tablet PC Edition can be used with US English, Japanese, German,
    French, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and Korean languages of Tablet
    PC Edition version 1. [...]

    Microsoft has announced that its Recognition Pack for the following is
    available. Handwriting recognizers included are U.K. English, U.S. English,
    French, German, Spanish (International Sort), Japanese, Korean, Simplified
    Chinese, Traditional Chinese."

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    Paul Smith, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Marcio Bastos

    terri Guest

    Marcio, I haven't seen the official announcment for the languages supported
    under Vista. As soon as I get any word, I'll post it.

    Hopefully there won't be less than there are now for XP and even more will
    be added.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    Microsoft Featured Community

    terri, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Marcio Bastos

    Paul Smith Guest

    "terri" <> wrote in message
    > Marcio, I haven't seen the official announcment for the languages
    > supported under Vista. As soon as I get any word, I'll post it.
    >
    > Hopefully there won't be less than there are now for XP and even more will
    > be added.

    Hmm I seem to remember reading the first release of Vista wouldn't add any
    additional languages... Typically can't find the source now though....

    Paul Smith, Sep 11, 2006
  5. Marcio Bastos

    terri Guest

    Very possible, Paul, however not all the Tablet XP languages were available
    at the start, either. :)

    terri, Sep 12, 2006