Laptop only starts sometimes and sometimes not

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by WHiTY, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. WHiTY

    WHiTY Guest

    Hey!

    I got a problem with my Asus F3Jm Notebook. Sometimes it starts as
    normal as everytime and sometimes it did not start. Iam pressing the
    Power-Button on the top right corner and the LED above blinks one time
    and the LED with the light bulb at the bottom below the touch pad
    lights (no blinking) and tells me that the notebook is powered on, but
    NO screen appears no hard disk works, nothing, only the LED below the
    touch pad is lighten on and nothing else.
    ive tested to disconnect the Akku already and with only akku or only
    AC-Power.
    Nothing is working.

    Does anybody know which problem this is? Because, sometimes the Laptop
    is working fine for days and sometimes not!?

    Need help, thanks!

    WHiTY, Jun 5, 2007

  2. WHiTY

    Quaoar Guest

    WHiTY wrote:
    > Hey!
    >
    > I got a problem with my Asus F3Jm Notebook. Sometimes it starts as
    > normal as everytime and sometimes it did not start. Iam pressing the
    > Power-Button on the top right corner and the LED above blinks one time
    > and the LED with the light bulb at the bottom below the touch pad
    > lights (no blinking) and tells me that the notebook is powered on, but
    > NO screen appears no hard disk works, nothing, only the LED below the
    > touch pad is lighten on and nothing else.
    > ive tested to disconnect the Akku already and with only akku or only
    > AC-Power.
    > Nothing is working.
    >
    > Does anybody know which problem this is? Because, sometimes the Laptop
    > is working fine for days and sometimes not!?
    >
    > Need help, thanks!

    It might be a failed capacitor on the starting circuit connected to the
    power button. If so, it is not a user repair, but a mainboard replacement.

    Quaoar, Jun 6, 2007