laser jet Series 2

Discussion in 'HP' started by John, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi I have a Laser jet Series 2 antique, its showing Service on the LCD
    panel, can someone remind me how to clear this, or point me to a source
    so I can continue using it. I did it many years ago, but cant remember
    how,, And have yet not found the info by searching
    TIA
    --
    John

    1. Advertising

  2. John

    John Guest

    In message <>, Ben Myers
    <> writes
    >John,
    >
    >Whether or not a service message can be cleared depends on the numeric code
    >associated with it. For example, "13 SERVICE" is a paper jam, which can be
    >cleared by removing the cause of the jam. But "50 SERVICE" indicates problems
    >with the printer's fuser, and usually cannot be cleared.

    Thanks for the info , as soon as you mentioned the Fuser I remembered. I
    had to rebuild the fuser last time. I will have a play, could be just
    bad connections otherwise its for the dump:)

    --
    John