    --

    Nigel M

    If I'm discussing apples, please don't suggest bananas

    Nigel Molesworth, Feb 5, 2009

  2. Nigel Molesworth

    Ben Myers Guest

    Nigel Molesworth wrote:
    > I want to print a printed circuit board onto transfer film with my LaserJet
    > 4000 printer. I've set it to "Transparency" as this should reduce the fuser
    > temperature. However, the results are not good.
    >
    > For a start the printer tries to half-tone the image, so the some areas come
    > out grey - I need the whole image as black as possible. I would also like to
    > increase the toner level, but I can't find a setting in the driver.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this?

    Which driver? PostScript or PCL? I recommend PostScript, but it does
    not have a tone control option. 4050 PostScript has various halftone
    checkboxes in the driver. I don't use PCL any more. Too unreliable
    with Adobe PDFs... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 6, 2009

  3. On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 01:19:35 -0500, Ben Myers <> wrote:

    >Which driver? PostScript or PCL? I recommend PostScript

    I've tried both. I've managed to sort out the half-tone problem (the program
    has a "make black" option) but I would still like to increase the toner.

    Nigel Molesworth, Feb 8, 2009