    and best update I can get?

    Thanks

    Toots
    Toots, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Toots

    Robert Akins Guest

    It depends... Do you have an AT power supply or an ATX power supply?
    AT power supply- use je4333b2 mod in je4333apm.zip (ask for file- I have it)
    ATX power supply- use JE4333, last FIC bios written for 503+ AFAIK,
    available at FIC's FTP site. You have same version my 503+ came with. It
    has JE4333 in it now.
    Robert
    "Toots" <> wrote in message
    > My BIOs has never been updated. It is version 1.15JE33. What is the

    latest

    Robert Akins, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Toots

    Toots Guest

    I have AT Power supply. I would really appreciate it if you would send me
    the correct file.

    Thanks

    Toots

    Toots, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Toots

    Kyle Brant Guest

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kylesb/je4333apm.zip

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kyle Brant, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Toots

    Den Guest

    "Toots" <> wrote in message news:bhr35p$2aker$-berlin.de...
    > Thanks Mr. Akins, I downloaded the copy from Kyle Brant.
    >
    > Mr Akins, would you do me a huge favor. Would you look in your PNP/PCI Conf
    > in your BIOS and see if your PNP OS is showing Yes?
    >
    > Please let me know.

    I too have had this as Yes and No, and I never found it to make a difference,
    though it has been on the (No) for a year or three.
    I cannot myself double check this as I am burning a Linux CD at the moment.

    The Manual states;
    PNP OS Installed
    If your operating system is a Plug-and-Play one, such as Windows 95, select
    Yes. The options are: No (Default), Yes.

    PS
    Above CD burn has completed and BIOS states;
    PNP OS Installed: No

    Den
    Den, Aug 19, 2003
  6. Toots

    Toots Guest

    Please do not go to all of that trouble for me. Since you seem so up to
    date on everything on the board, thought you were using it daily.

    Several people have now said it works Ok either way. But not here.

    Thanks anyhow.

    > I can do that but it'll have to be sometime tomorrow afternoon. My 503+

    is
    > sitting in the floor behind me not connected to a monitor, power, etc. I
    > can take it out to the bench and fire it up long enough to check, then

    I'll

    Toots, Aug 19, 2003
  7. Toots

    Robert Akins Guest

    No, unfortunately the upgrade bug bit me after resisting it for about 4
    years, and I built an Athlon 2000+ system based on an MSI KT3 Ultra2. The
    503+ is sitting around gathering dust until I get around to tidying up the
    hard drive and selling it. I still check this NG periodically to see if I
    can help out anybody.
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Aug 20, 2003
  8. Toots

    Toots Guest

    I did the same thing about 2 years ago. I actually put together my system
    with the K7S5a board. It gave me fits at first but after a while everything
    worked out good.

    Am trying to get my 503+ up to par so I can depend on it as a backup. That
    is why I want to make it able to use my Cable internet.

    I think it is very kind of you to continue to share your expertize with us
    unlearned folks.

    Now I am thinking of trying a NIC card and abandon the idea of connecting
    the modem to the USB.

    I flashed the BIOs today and everything seemed to work OK. I was
    disappointed that it did not give me the option to backup my old Bios but
    guess since it worked all if well.

    Thanks again

    Toots, Aug 20, 2003
  9. Toots

    Robert Akins Guest

    I think it is actually better to use the NIC for broadband modem connections
    because it is easy to install, and it saves one of your USB ports (that is,
    if you can use them for other things).
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Aug 22, 2003