Latest BIOS

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Robert Brereton, Aug 4, 2008.

  1. I have a DP35DP board and a Q6600 quad core cpu. I was on version 413 of
    the BIOS and saw that the latest version 437 seemed to have a fix related to
    the sound system, so I installed it. I set the original BIOS to defaults
    (F9) before installing and all proceeded OK. When I went back to restore my
    settings I started getting problems with menu items freezing and I had to
    restart to get out of it. I have 2 questions, if anyone knows the answers:

    1. Is this a known problem for which Intel will issue a fix?
    2. How do I revert to version 413 as it fails when I try to run it?

    Bob

    1. Advertising

  2. Bob Bailin

    Bob Bailin Guest

    "Robert Brereton" <> wrote in message
    >I have a DP35DP board and a Q6600 quad core cpu. I was on version 413 of the BIOS and
    >saw that the latest version 437 seemed to have a fix related to the sound system, so I
    >installed it. I set the original BIOS to defaults (F9) before installing and all
    >proceeded OK. When I went back to restore my settings I started getting problems with
    >menu items freezing and I had to restart to get out of it. I have 2 questions, if anyone
    >knows the answers:
    >
    > 1. Is this a known problem for which Intel will issue a fix?
    > 2. How do I revert to version 413 as it fails when I try to run it?

    Generally you shouldn't restore the settings from a prior BIOS to a more recent one.
    The newer BIOS may have new settings that were undefined in the older version.
    The best way to handle a BIOS upgrade is to note on paper the changes you
    made to the default settings, load the new BIOS, load the F9 defaults and then
    enter the changes you wrote down. On most systems, there aren't a lot of
    changes made.

    You can't revert to an earlier BIOS with the Windows update method. Use
    another method like burning the version 413 ISO image to CD and booting
    from that CD.

    Bob